Listen to our latest podcast which features a Lean Coffee session which Software Developers and Data gurus may find interesting.
You can use Money Dashboard as your personal finance tool but this month we look at the people and practices behind our fascinating budget tool service.
Scrum, Kanban, Lean coffee and lots of laughs. Listen to our latest podcast now and do let us know your thoughts by commenting below. You can listen to our other podcasts too such as:
- Money Dashboard discusses: Fintech, property and Chancellor's update
- Money Dashboard discusses: Fully native app out soon
- Benefits of Lean: Interview with Mark Ridley
What is Lean Coffee?
"But first, what is Lean Coffee? Richard Brown, athlete and all round funny guy/developer lead here at Money Dashboard, has his finger on the pulse when it comes to innovative approaches to software development. He suggested we use the Money Dashboard podcast this month as an opportunity to try a Lean Coffee session." - Lisa Venter, LinkedIn post
Richard explains what Lean Coffee is in the podcast but here are the fundamentals based on how we did it:
- Gather a few people in a room with some coffee and some post-its and hold a short session to come up with some ideas, issues or questions.
- Have everyone write down their ideas on post-its, stick them up somewhere and vote on the top 4 or 5.
- Take the top 4 or 5 post-its down and discuss each one for 3 minutes each.
- At the end of each 3 minute session, take a vote on whether you would like to continue talking about the topic or move to the next post-it. If the vote is to keep discussing, restart the timer and discuss for another 2 minutes then move on.
- At the end of each session briefly discuss the success or learnings before moving on to the next topic.
That's it! Lean Coffee is a brilliant way to keep facilitating knowledge share and discussions on Lean practices or anything really - even across the whole company beyond the software development department!