It's easy enough to find out your bank balance, but to really understand your financial position, you need more context. Money Dashboard financial management software has features designed to allow users to see how their bank balance changes over time, and help predict how much cash you'll have in the near future.
The Balance History screen allows users to see the balance total of each of their bank accounts over time. The balance of each account is shown on a line graph, giving the user the ability to see patterns, trends, and compare the accounts to each other.
Here are a few things you can do to customise the way you view this data:
- Grab and move the two ‘handles' under the graph to adjust the date range manually. This is very handy for investigating spikes or drops in more detail.
- The scroll bar enables you to journey through a time period without losing the detail of close scale and adjusting the length of the time period covered. This is useful for accounts with a long history.
- Jump to common date ranges using the quick buttons on the top left of the graph. The buttons are for last 1 month, last 3 months, last 6 months, year-to-date, last one year, and all data.
- Toggle whether accounts appear on the graph by checking or unchecking the tick boxes next to the account.
- Clicking the ‘Manage' button under ‘My Accounts' allows you to customise the colour of each account appearing on the graph.
Net Balance Trends
As soon as you log into Money Dashboard you'll see Net balance trends in the bottom left of the dashboard. Similar to Balance History, this line graph will show at-a-glance the trends in the total balance of your current account(s) this month compared to last month.
Do you know how much is in your bank account right now? Log in or Sign up to find out.