Here’s what our ideal Database Developer looks like:
- You’re looking for more than just a paycheck. You share our vision of a more open and transparent financial landscape for all
- You have a keen interest in databases and the way they are changing as new exciting releases come out. You are curious and want to explore all types of relational and non-relational databases.
- You have a high level of attention to detail, strong organisational skills and a logical approach to problem solving
- You understand database fundamentals and can talk about OLAP and OLTP Principles, respect referential integrity, standards and can tune your own queries / code.
- You show initiative, by identifying and initiating new projects to help drive rapid growth
- You don’t wait to be told to do something
- You’re excited by the potential of fintech
Sound like you? Here's some of what you'll be doing:
- Enhancing databases in an agile world. You’ll restructure data definitions as required
- Write complex queries using windowing functions, CTEs, temp tables where appropriate
- Performance tuning your own and others queries helping to get data answers quickly
- Working on solutions that allow us to represent our data as it was at any given point in time.
- Using data to drive processing, making code agnostic and using data to drive data flow in our data products
- Working in Powershell and Bash scripting to process data, generate data files and integrate our data across AWS cloud solutions
- Exploring AWS environments and learning infrastructure as code such as Cloudformation to automate our data environments and data processing
- Supporting analysts in their use of visualisation tools such as Tableau
You'll be in good company
You will be part of an established Data Insights team filled with high achievers. You will have an immediate impact and play a key role in taking Money Dashboard to the next level as you define the data landscape of a company that is data driven.