Software Support Engineer
About Money Dashboard
Money Dashboard is a leading Fintech with an award winning online Personal Finance Management (PFM) tool which enables both consumers and data clients to make smarter financial decisions.
With a recent crowd funding achievement of £1.5 million investment we are well placed to excel in 2018.
We are a collaborative team at Money Dashboard and actively support each other in any way we can. We believe you improve and learn from making mistakes and embrace this fact. Our aim for our employees is that they should always be challenged and be on a learning trajectory within the business. Enhancing your individual skills is crucial. Finally, we have fun while doing all of the above.
We hire people with similar mindsets and are currently expanding our team.
We are seeking a permanent engineer to help us deliver key strategic projects for Money Dashboard to work with our large transaction dataset.
We are looking for someone who is a coding swiss army knife and this is an excellent opportunity to work across a wide range of functions within the technology sector helping you shape your own direction in your IT career. Primarily the role will be to join the Tier two support and testing team where you will be responsible for trying to work out how our users are breaking the applications and how we can fix any issues they are facing, before the issue lands of the development teams desk. The role will also be part of the testing team - creating, developing and executing testing frameworks and harnesses to perform testing (integration, regression, smoke and load) on the platform prior to any push out of live code.
Money Dashboard provides the PFM functionality via a native iOS, Android and Web application. Our entire Infrastructure is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
If that wasn’t all enough, there is a new project about to be launched within the company that will require a new, secure client facing website and associated secure API - you would be involved in the development of this portal.
- C# (up to 6.0) .NET Core & Angular (1.6) - the main application stacks
- SQL Server (2014 / 2016), MySQL (5.8) - We are *really* data driven, so being an SQL Ninja is a must.
- RESTful Web APIs and back-end implementation, along with testing tools (such as Postman) and documentation tools (Swagger etc).
- Security best practices due to the sensitive nature of the data we handle. Whilst you will not be our primary security tester (we get an independent 3rd party to do that) you will be expected to be picking up on any small security issues.
- The ability to work within a team and be able to provide and receive guidance to colleagues
- Ability to work within a team and take and provide guidance to colleagues
- Ability to think in Edge cases - are you good at being able to imagine the weird stuff users may do and then create test cases to formally test against them?
- Exposure to front-end testing frameworks such as Selenium for automated UI testing.
- Cloud computing (ideally AWS)
- Mobile apps and APIs
- Scripting languages: Python, PowerShell.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment which prides itself on employees enjoying coming to the office.
- You will work with curious, smart people
- We have fun eg hackathons and social activities eg games night
- You will have the opportunity to learn about Fintech
- We encourage a work/life balance and ensure that work does not take over
- “Hot day” vacation – learn more on application
- People make mistakes and weaknesses – we are all human! We will help you learn from them
- We are located in Codebase so you have every opportunity to attend events, conferences and increase your network!